Submitted by Clark County Council
The seven-member commission is responsible for:
- Reviewing nominations to the National Register of Historic Places
- Reviewing nominations and designating properties to the Clark County Heritage Register
- Conducting design review for changes to buildings and sites on the local register
- Reviewing and deciding applications for the Special Valuation Tax Incentive for historic
- Overseeing education and outreach
Terms are for three years and begin in July. Service is voluntary.
The commission typically meets at 6 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at the Public Service Center, 1300 Franklin St., Vancouver, WA.
Applicants must have demonstrated interest, experience, or knowledge in history, historic preservation, architecture or related disciplines, such as planning, cultural anthropology, archaeology, cultural geography, American studies or historic rehabilitation or restoration.
To apply, submit a letter of interest and résumé to Alyssa Weyhrauch, County Manager’s Office, PO Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 1, 2019.
For more information about the commission and the Historic Preservation program, please visit www.clark.wa.gov/planning/historic.