Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
The “Small Town Summer Fun” First Friday in August will again have flamingos as part of the theme to add to the festivities. Downtown will be filled with flamingo activities, fun games, live music, art and more. The event is on August 2 from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and is hosted by the Downtown Camas Association and the downtown merchants. Pick up your activity list at the DCA table at Journey Church, 304 NE 4th.
Activities will include:
- Play the “What’s that Flamingo Saying?” game in downtown businesses & earn tickets to win great summer prizes
- Outdoor Flamingo themed fun & games & crafts including “Stand Like a Flamingo”, Flamingo Plinko, Flamingo Spin & Win, Flamingo bean bag toss, rubber flamingo water races, Find the Flamingo, Flamingo ring toss, and more with prizes.
- Open Mic Night at Journey Church, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Sing a song, play guitar or do a stand-up comedy routine. Each performer has 10 minutes to perform. This is a ‘family friendly’ event so kids and youth are welcome to participate. There will be a sign up sheet when the doors open at 5:30 p.m. Slots will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
- Live outdoor music and dining and margarita garden by Mesa
- 2 Ribbon Cuttings!
- Art shows and receptions in all downtown galleries
- Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar, featuring partner-painters Sheary Clough Suiter and Nard Claar. Meet the artists and enjoy watching watermedia and encaustic painting demonstrations.
- Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th Ave, featuring Steam Punk industrial inspired light fixtures made from vintage pipes, gears, dials and more.
- Second Story Gallery, 625 NE 4th Ave, featuring 16 artists who are members of the Northwest Oil Painters Guild with music provided by Brad Jensen.
- Wear your best “Flamingo themed attire” and get a free prize ticket
- Free kids’ rock painting sponsored by The Paint Roller Mobile Paint Party
- After hours shopping and dining. Get a prize ticket for every $10 you spend in downtown
“We added flamingos to our small town summer theme last year and people loved it!” says Carrie Schulstad, Executive Director of the Downtown Camas Association (DCA). “The games are especially fun and engaging at this First Friday and it’s a hoot to see how many people dress in flamingos! The art galleries also have amazing and diverse shows with a large number of featured artists throughout town. Add in the live music, great shopping and dining, and playing together in downtown and you’ve got a perfect evening with family and friends. Join us!”
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and bring the community together. For all the information, visit https://downtowncamas.com/event/small-town-summer-fun-august-first-friday and www.facebook.com/camasfirstfriday .