Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
The 10th annual Camas Girls’ Night Out will be a lively, fun evening of shopping, pampering, dining, goodies, prizes, art and engaging activities in Downtown Camas, all supporting two local women’s charities. This year the event is on Thursday, September 26, 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. All friends, sisters, moms, and daughters are invited to attend this fundraiser for breast and ovarian cancer awareness and action that benefits the Pink Lemonade Project and the Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Oregon/SW Washington. Tickets are $20, $25 at the door.
The Pink Lemonade Project will host their annual Pink Lemonade Stand with specialty cocktails in Lily Atelier as a fundraiser. Earth Fairy Entertainment will be returning offering free body art and DJLinus will be back again this year creating a fun and lively music experience for the night.
Other activities for all that register include:
- A complimentary Candy & Treat Bar created by Truly Scrumptious Bakery
- Pampering of all kinds including complimentary massages, hand treatments, facial treatments, makeup, nail color, body art, body oil treatments, and more
- “Not-to-be-Missed” evening program featuring returning favorite emcee Shannon Van Horn with comedy, games with prizes, wine and chocolate pairings sponsored by Salud Wine Bar, giveaways, and raffle prize drawings. Program starts at 8:15pm
- GNO Happy Hour at downtown restaurants and drinking establishments from 3-5pm with special menus and pricing. The GNO Happy Hour will allow ladies to start the fun early and have more time to fit in all the festivities. Participating locations include A Beer at a Time, Birch Street Uptown Lounge, Caps N’ Taps, Grains of Wrath, Mill City Brew Werks, Nuestra Mesa, Salud Wine Bar and Tommy O’s, among others
- Girly Photo Booth with props in Arktana
- Games, Goodies and Freebies
- A free colorful GNO shopping bag for all ladies to fill with goodies around town
- Shopping, dining and drink specials all throughout town
- Memory & Inspiration Board
· Fantastic raffle prizes all supporting breast and ovarian cancer awareness and resources with the Pink Lemonade Project and the Ovarian Cancer Alliance
- Group art project with local artists in celebration of our community of women
- Hoops for Pink–Make a Basket, Get a Boa!
- The crowd favorite “Bra Pong” game for prizes compliments of Pink Lemonade Project
- “Super Hero” Photo Booth compliments of Ovarian Cancer Alliance
- Wear pink or teal and get a free raffle prize ticket as well as a free raffle ticket for every $10 spent in downtown.
PeaceHealth is one of the main sponsors of the event and will also be bringing health practitioners, educational materials, breast lump models, and other resources to provide education and encouragement for women to take care of their health. They will be located in the lobby of Journey.
Vendors and sponsors will also be at the event in Journey and offering pampering activities and giveaways to the ladies in the “Pamper Zone”. These will include: EVER Skin, Davis Family Chiropractic and Massage, Young Living Essential Oils, Color Street Nails, Soroptimist International of Camas & Washougal, Blu Box Photography, Beauty Counter, Therapeutic Associates Physical Therapy, Riverview Bank, Prune Hill Realty and MeU Pilates.
Tickets pre-event $20, $25 at the door, and link to tickets can be found here: http://downtowncamas.com/event/girls-night-out. Event day registration starts at 4PM at the DCA table located at 4th & Birch in Journey Church. Check in here if you’ve pre-registered as well. You will receive a schedule of activities for the evening and then at 8:15pm return to Journey for the evening program with wine and chocolate, raffle prize drawings, comedy and games. Cancer survivors receive special honor at this event.
“Wow, 10 years. That’s a lot of girly fun with a purpose in our wonderful downtown!” says Carrie Schulstad, Executive Director of the Downtown Camas Association (DCA), the coordinating organization for the event. “Ladies truly have a great time and many come back together year after year. There are lots of significant connections and inspiration as well. Our poster this year includes two local breast cancer survivors, one who has been an active volunteer for this event for many years. This event is very meaningful for us and all the fun brings us all together.”
There is free public parking for the event in the City parking lot on Adams between 6th and 7th Avenues and throughout Downtown Camas.
This event is hosted by the DCA and downtown merchants. Event is sponsored by PeaceHealth, Therapeutic Associates Physical Therapy-Camas, Riverview Community Bank, Salud! Wine Bar-Event Center-Wine Storage, iQ Credit Union, Prune Hill Realty, Meu Pilates, Grains of Wrath, Salud Wine Bar, Arktana Shoes, VEGA, and Columbia Litho Printing. Our thanks to all our sponsors and to Journey Church and all the downtown merchants for making this event possible.