Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
Candy themed activities, chocolate, art shows, crafts, games, prizes, and more add to the “sweetness” of this 13th annual “A Chocolate Affair to Remember” First Friday event in Downtown Camas on February 7. Downtown businesses will be serving and selling chocolate goodies and other romantic gifts with wine tastings and specials at select locations as well. The event, from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., is hosted by the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) and downtown merchants.
This event is also the 2nd Anniversary of the memorable First Friday Wedding of Nick & Tami Calais. The community was invited and the wedding was held on February First Friday 2018 in Downtown Camas, themed “A Wedding Affair to Remember”. Take a picture with this couple at this First Friday and get a ticket to win a romance basket donated by the couple.
The evening’s activities include:
- Guess the candy jar amounts in each participating location and be entered to win the candy and other great Valentine’s themed prizes!
- Find “Nick & Tami” and get your picture taken with them and be entered to win a romance prize basket.
- Art receptions with refreshments and live music: Attic Gallery; featuring Camas artist Mike Smith; Camas Gallery featuring “Fresh off the Palette” art by several of their local artists and a drawing for a romantic rose themed floral arrangement by Coventry Gardens who will be on hand; and Second Story Gallery upstairs at the Camas library featuring photographer Karen Stewe and live music by Rob Lewis.
- New this First Friday: A Body | Art Showcase at Lisa Lê Properties, 418 NE 4th, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Must RSVP for this private event (21+ only). Learn about Purta Studios Photography‘s process for turning every-day people into human art. They’ll be showcasing a few examples of real clients’ images, and offering the chance to win a free session. Enjoy refreshments & gourmet chocolates while chatting with the creators of this unique way to celebrate your beauty. RSVP by message on Facebook or call (360) 213-7864.
- New art in Caffe Piccolo by Christine Wichers, 400 NE 4th.
- Kid’s Valentine’s crafts and games at the DCA tables in Journey, 304 NE 4th
- Take the Candy Bar Challenge. Guess the candy bar types and win one
- Angie Zehner-Gibson with Plunder Jewelry and FREE hair glitter strands & sparkles at The Wild Hair, 418 NE Cedar
- Pop-up shop for Dear Ever Clothing at Sass Beauty, 222 NE 4th.
- Special Sales and chocolate treats throughout downtown shops and restaurants
- Earn tickets to win for every $10 you spend in downtown!
- LUX Artistry Collective, 217 NE 4th, will be having their Grand Opening Celebration on First Friday, 4-6pm, starting with a ribbon cutting at 4pm and including giveaways, snacks, chocolates, specials and Valentines packages and also local photography and florist vendors with Valentine’s Day offerings. A portion of sales at the event will be donated to the Community Chest of Camas/Washougal.
“This is a delicious favorite!” says Carrie Schulstad, Executive Director for the DCA, “and we have so much fun with the community doing the games and activities and experiencing the incredible art that will be showcased all throughout downtown. Come bring the whole family and enjoy with us in Downtown Camas!”
Passport & Activity lists are available at the DCA tables in Journey, 304 NE 4th.
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop community. For more information, visit https://downtowncamas.com/event/chocolate-affair-remember or the Downtown Camas First Friday Facebook page.