Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
As part of the holiday shopping season in Downtown Camas, each day from December 1-12, the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) will post the first half of a locally written winter or holiday-inspired short story on the DCA Facebook page and website.
A downtown merchant will have the rest of the story posted in their window. The goal is to create and share positive stories in our community while showcasing local talent of all ages.
The DCA is asking the community to get creative and submit stories which will entice people to downtown to read the whole story.
Guidelines for story submissions:
- Stories need to be submitted by November 27
- Up to 1,000 words
- Stories will be juried and 12 will be chosen
- Can be fiction or non-fiction
- Must be family-friendly
- Must be joyful, uplifting, positive winter-time or holiday stories
- First half of the story creates interest to go to read the second half
For details and a link to submit your story, visit the Downtown Camas Association website.