Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
The Gnome & Fairy Gala returns to May First Friday with gnome and fairy themed games and activities, after hours shopping, dining and art shows and there will also be two ribbon cuttings, celebrating new things coming to Downtown Camas. The event this month is May 7 from 4 p.m.-8 p.m., starting a little early to accommodate the extra celebrations.
At 4pm will be the unveiling of three Camas Historic Interpretive Panels that will be installed along 4th Avenue. They tell the story of Camas and are a project that has been in the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) plans for several years. This was a collaborative effort of the DCA, Clark County Historical Museum, Clark County, and City of Camas Public Works.
At 5pm will be a ribbon cutting for the Donna Roberts Group realty at 418 NE 4th. There will be refreshments, mini tours and 5 drawings for $50 gift cards to downtown restaurants and shops. Donna invites everyone to attend and expresses gratitude for having the chance to be involved with the community through Downtown Camas.
Themed gnome and fairy virtual activities on the Downtown Camas First Friday Facebook page will start on Monday May 3 and you can win downtown gift cards and other prizes for participating. You have until 3 p.m. on First Friday to complete. The winners of each activity will be posted on the Facebook Page at 5pm on First Friday.
First Friday activities include:
- Play the Garden Gnome & Fairy Gala game and find the gnomes and fairies doing silly things throughout downtown businesses. You are entered to win for each one you find. Passports with instructions will be available on the May First Friday webpage and in participating shops.
- Find the fairy houses throughout the downtown landscaping and fill in the passport to be entered to win fun gnome and fairy themed prizes sponsored by Carla Edwards, Realtor.
- Get your picture taken with Mr. & Mrs. Gnome who will be near the fountain at 4th & Cedar.
- Art gallery shows and receptions with refreshments at:
- May is Better Hearing & Speech Month and in recognition of this, Fuel Medical Group is hosting a contest – “Guess How Many Ears” (a fish tank filled with colorful ears) and the person with the closest guess will be awarded a $50 gift card to Grains of Wrath. Stop by Fuel Medical Group (314 NE Birch St.) this evening to take a guess.
- After hours shopping, dining and specials throughout town
“We of course love all the fun activities that this First Friday brings,” says Carrie Schulstad, director for the DCA. “And we are especially excited about the unveiling of the historic interpretive panels that we have been discussing for a decade! They are beautiful and engaging and represent such a great community collaboration sharing the story of Camas. We hope everyone can join us for First Friday and both our ribbon cutting celebrations!”
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop community and are being held in-person along with virtual activities throughout the week.