Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
The theme for the Downtown Camas First Friday event on August 6 is “Summer Fun & Flamingos” and will also have a much anticipated retail store ribbon cutting and grand opening celebration that night. Downtown will be filled with flamingo activities, fun games, summer juice giveaways, live music, art and more. The event is from 5 p.m.- 8 p.m. and is hosted by the Downtown Camas Association and the downtown merchants. Pick up your activity list at the DCA table near the fountain at 4th & Cedar.
The new retail shop Poppy & Hawk, 223 NE 4th, will celebrate their Grand Opening from 12 p.m.-8 p.m. with a Ribbon Cutting Celebration at 5 p.m. All are invited to come experience this new shop that is a curated collection of artisan made goods and where “Southwest Meets Pacific Northwest.” Items are hand made in the USA and many items are one of a kind.
US Bank will be sponsoring a food truck featuring the Portland Juice Company giving out free samples of summer inspired juices. This offering is part of the “Good Truck” food truck campaign started by US Bank in 2020 that creates opportunities to engage existing customers, support small businesses, and bring goodwill to communities. The truck will be located at 4th & Birch in Downtown Camas.
Other activities will include:
- Play the “What’s that Flamingo Saying?” game in downtown businesses & earn chances to win summer prizes
- Outdoor Flamingo themed fun & games including “Stand Like a Flamingo”, Flamingo Spin & Win, Flamingo bean bag toss, rubber flamingo water races and more with prizes
- Flamingo inspired crafts for kids at LiveWell Camas, 417 NE Birch
- Live outdoor music and dining by Mesa
- Art shows and receptions in downtown galleries:
- Wear your best “Flamingo themed attire” & be entered to win
- After hours shopping and dining with sales and specials
“We are thrilled to be back in downtown together enjoying all this summer fun!” says Carrie Schulstad, Executive Director of the Downtown Camas Association (DCA). “The flamingo theme truly adds to the festivities and it will be wonderful to welcome the new shop Poppy & Hawk and owner Lori Cano as well as be treated to delicious summer juices by the US Bank Good Truck. The merchants and art galleries have some exciting things up their sleeves as well so come on down and enjoy a community night out in this beautiful summer weather!”
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and bring the community together. For all the information, visit the Downtown Camas Association website or First Friday Facebook page.