Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
Lucky leprechauns, art gallery receptions, a “Green Zone” with family friendly “green” activities, a ribbon cutting, prizes, after hours shopping, kids crafts and the wearing of the green will all be a part of the “Go Green” themed March First Friday in Downtown Camas on March 4, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Each participating merchant will have a “lucky leprechaun” in their business, and for every leprechaun you find, you receive an entry to win prizes from downtown merchants. Lucky leprechaun “passports” can be found at the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) tables at Journey Church at 304 NE 4th.
You will also find “Go Green Tips” in participating merchants and when you answer the questions on the passport, you’ll be entered to win a fun “green” prize. There will also be hidden gold coins to find throughout town. Find one and be entered to win a special “End of the Rainbow” prize.
There will also be a Ribbon Cutting to celebrate Camas Brewing Company at 5pm on First Friday. All are invited to come celebrate this new business in Downtown Camas which is located in the same building as Camas Slices, 339 NE Cedar.
Explore the “Green Zone” in the Journey church lobby and learn how easy it is to make this world a greener place with fun educational kid-friendly activities and giveaways provided by local nonprofits. The nonprofits include Master Gardeners, City of Camas Ivy League, Camas Farmer’s Market, EatWell Camas and the Camas High School “Green Team”.
Other activities include:
- Featured art shows and wine receptions at Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th and Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar.
- Belle Flower Farm pop-up shop at Arktana, 415 NE 4th, with succulents and small plants for sale
- Jazzercise Camas will be hosting Athleta for fitness wear shopping, 514 NE Dallas
- “Green” kids’ crafts at LiveWell Camas hosted by Girl Scout Troop #47503, 417 NE Birch, and also selling Girl Scout cookies!
- Live Music and specialty cocktails at A Beer at a Time, 216 NE 3rd and Birch Street Uptown Lounge, 311 NE Birch
- Customers wearing green get 5 extra chances to win downtown prizes
- Special sales and offerings in downtown merchants throughout town
“It’s easy being green at First Friday!” says Carrie Schulstad, executive director for the DCA. “Plus just a whole lot of fun. Finding the hidden leprechauns is a favorite activity and encourages you to explore the stores we have downtown and all they offer. The Green Zone helps teach families why protecting the environment is important and how to make a difference in our community. And it’s of course wonderful to get to shop late until 8pm including our incredible art galleries.”
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed free family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop community. Everyone is welcome. For all the information, visit the Downtown Camas Association website or Facebook Page.