Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
The Gnome & Fairy Gala returns to May First Friday with gnome and fairy themed games and activities, after hours shopping, dining and art shows and there will also be two ribbon cuttings, celebrating new offerings in Downtown Camas. The event this month is May 6 from 5 p.m.-8 p.m.
At 5 p.m. will be a ribbon cutting for Giatti’s Speakeasy, a new part of Salud Wine Bar & Italian Dining at 224 NE 3rd and at 5:30 p.m., a ribbon cutting for Flor Noir, a new houseplants and accessories shop located in LiveWell Camas, 417 NE Birch. There will be refreshments and tours of the new spaces and the community is invited to join in the celebrations.
Other First Friday activities include:
- Play the “Gnome & Fairy Gala!” game and see what the gnomes and fairies are up to in participating businesses. Be entered to win downtown prizes for each one you find.
- Get your picture taken with Mr. & Mrs. Gnome.
- Make a fun fairy wand with local artist Elle Benage
- Find the hidden Gnome & Fairy painted rocks donated by local citizen Melissa Guard Anderson all throughout downtown flower beds
- All ages can play the “Gnome Hat Ring Toss” and “Pin the Nose on the Gnome” games for a chance to win prizes
- Art gallery shows and receptions with refreshments at Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar and Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th
- Themed Kids’ Crafts at LiveWell Camas, 417 NE Birch St.
- After hours shopping, dining and specials throughout town
- Come dressed as a gnome, fairy or magical creature!
Start your night to pick up your First Friday Passport & Activity List at the DCA tables at Journey Church (304 NE 4th Ave).
“This is such a joyous event and a great way to lead into the Camas Plant & Garden Fair the next day!” says Carrie Schulstad, director for the DCA. “There are activities for all ages and people will enjoy the ribbon cuttings and opening celebrations as they will be happily surprised at some of the new amenities. We hope everyone can join us for all the First Friday festivities!
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop community.