Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
The 16th annual First Friday Camas Poker Tour & Game Night returns to Downtown Camas on July 1 from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. and this year there will be a fun new Alice in Wonderland theme added to all the festivities. This event is sponsored by Camas Antiques and includes the family friendly poker tour and a number of other Alice in Wonderland themed games throughout town. Live music, featured artists in the Downtown Camas art galleries, including the newly reopened Second Story Gallery at the Camas Library, dressing up, kids’ crafts, and after-hours shopping and dining are all part of the First Friday activities. This event is hosted by the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) and downtown merchants.
Here’s how the Camas Poker Tour works:
- Collect a “playing card” from each participating merchant.
- Turn in these cards to the dealer at Camas Antiques by 8pm and you will be dealt actual poker cards to match the number of business “playing cards” that you have. The more businesses you visit, the more chances for a great hand.
- Prizes are donated by Camas Antiques and downtown businesses and will be awarded to the 5 highest hands.
Other activities include:
- Play the “Down the Rabbit Hole” Trivia Game in downtown businesses to win prizes donated by downtown merchants.
- Dress in Alice in Wonderland inspired attire & be entered to win a fabulous Alice in Wonderland inspired prize.
- Alice in Wonderland inspired Games throughout town and free kids’ crafts in LiveWell Camas, 417 NE Birch. Games around town include: Alice’s Rabbit Hole Toss, Flamingo Croquet, Queen of Hearts Card War, White Rabbit Dice, Mad Hatter Rollers and are fun for all ages.
- Art Shows and Receptions at Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar; Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th and Second Story Gallery, upstairs at the Camas Library, 625 NE 4th.
- Live outdoor Salsa Band music hosted by Mesa, 228 NE 4th, weather permitting.
- After hours shopping and dining specials throughout town
Pick up the evening’s Camas Poker Tour & Game Night Passport & Activity list at the DCA Tables in Journey, 304 NE 4th to start. All are welcome.
“This event is going to be Curiouser and Curiouser!” says Carrie Schulstad, Director of the DCA, quoting a famous line from Alice in Wonderland. “The Camas Poker Tour has been a community favorite for years and years and we’ve added a bit more colorful fun to the event for 2022! I can’t wait to see all the Alices, Mad Hatters, Cheshire Cats, White Rabbits, Queens of Hearts and other characters frolicking through downtown that night! Having the Second Story Gallery open again will be a delight and there will be live music in several locations. We encourage folks to dress up and enjoy the town and each other and support our locally owned shops, galleries and restaurants.”
First Fridays are family-friendly themed Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping events coordinated by the DCA each month to bring the community together and to help the town thrive. For all the information, visit the Downtown Camas Association website and the Camas First Friday Facebook page.