Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
Adorable and funny dogs will be the focus of the Virtual First Friday event for Downtown Camas for July. A new dog-themed game or activity will be posted on the Downtown Camas First Friday Facebook Page every morning June 28-July 3. There will be prize winners chosen from those who post on the daily activities. At 5pm on First Friday, there will be a Facebook Live event on the First Friday Facebook page announcing the winners from the week and offering more opportunities to win for watching and participating.
For the merchant passport activity this month, you will be playing “Name that Movie Dog!” Visit participating merchant Facebook pages and write the name of the movie dog posted there on the passport. The more names you have, the more chances to win. The passport enters you to win downtown merchant prizes and gift cards compliments of the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) and sponsor Bear Insurance.
Daily activities include:
- Sunday, June 28 – Doggie Word Jumbles and Dog Meme Fun
- Monday – Puppy Seek & Find in Downtown Camas
- Tuesday – Doggie Pick & Pic: Pick a Dog and Post a Funny Dog Pic
- Wednesday – Find the Hidden Dog Items Art Piece
- Thursday – Fashion, Talent and Dog & Owner Look-alike contests
- First Friday, July 3 – Passport – Visit participating merchant Facebook pages to “Name that Movie Dog!” The more pages you go to, the more chances to win. (passports are posted Thursday am on the First Friday event webpage to give plenty of time to play)
- Facebook LIVE Event – First Friday, July 3rd at 5pm on the Downtown Camas First Friday page where the winners will be announced and you can win prizes for watching and participating.
“Camas loves their dogs so this should be an energetic week!” says Carrie Schulstad, director for the DCA. “We want to create as much fun as possible while we have to stay virtual so we have some funny and engaging games and activities planned to celebrate your furry best friend. We look forward to the First Friday we can all be back together in downtown but playing virtually during First Friday week will be fun until then. We want to thank Bear Insurance for their generous support of this virtual First Friday so we can provide prizes and support more downtown businesses at the same time.”
All the details and instructions can be found here and on the daily posts on the Downtown Camas First Friday page starting Sunday, June 28.
The Downtown Camas Association and Bear Insurance are donating all the gift card prizes to support downtown businesses during this time.
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop community and are being held virtually until in-person First Friday events are again possible.