Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
After skipping a year during 2020, the 15th annual First Friday Camas Poker Tour & Game Night returns to Downtown Camas on July 2 from 5 p.m.-8 p.m. This event is sponsored by Camas Antiques and includes the family friendly poker tour and a number of other games throughout town. Outdoor live music, featured artists in the Downtown Camas art galleries, a community Cereal Drive, kids’ crafts and after-hours shopping and dining are also part of the First Friday festivities. This event is hosted by the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) and downtown merchants.
Here’s how the Poker Tour works:
- Collect a “playing card” from each participating merchant.
- Turn in these cards to the dealer at Camas Antiques by 8 p.m. and you will be dealt actual poker cards to match the number of business “playing cards” that you have. The more businesses you visit, the more chances for a great hand.
- Prizes are donated by local businesses and will be awarded to the 5 highest hands.
Other activities include:
- Live outdoor music and expanded dining area hosted by Mesa, 228 NE 4th, as part of their First Friday summer music series through September.
- Games throughout town and free kids’ crafts in LiveWell Camas, 417 NE Birch. Games in town include: Toilet Paper Toss, Card War, Downtown Dice, Lucky Rollers and Plinko and are fun for all ages.
- A Cereal Drive to support The Treasure House of Camas Washougal which is in need of cereal to help feed kids this summer. For participating drop off locations, visit here.
- Art Shows and Receptions at:
- After hours shopping and dining specials throughout town.
“This event is a favorite and we’re so glad to have it back!” says Carrie Schulstad, director of the DCA. “Lots of fun activities and family friendly engagement all through town. Camas Antiques does a great job as the poker dealers each year! We’re happy to host a downtown Cereal Drive as well to help fill the need to feed children this summer through the Treasure House. We encourage folks to come and enjoy the town and each other and support our locally owned shops, galleries, and restaurants and bring a box of cereal or two!”
Camas Poker Tour & Game lists and instructions can be found at Papermaker Pride, 339 NE 4th, and at participating shops.
First Fridays are family-friendly Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping events coordinated by the DCA each month to bring the community together and to help the town thrive. For all the information, visit the Downtown Camas Association website and Camas First Friday Facebook page.