Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
Candy themed activities, chocolate, art shows, crafts, games, prizes, and more add to the delicious festivities of this 15th annual “A Chocolate Affair to Remember” First Friday event in Downtown Camas on February 4. Downtown businesses will be serving and selling chocolate goodies and other romantic gifts with wine tastings and specials at select locations as well. The event, from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., is hosted by the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) and downtown merchants.
This event is also the 4th Anniversary of the memorable First Friday Wedding of Nick and Tami Calais. The community was invited and the wedding was held on February First Friday 2018 in Downtown Camas, themed “A Wedding Affair to Remember.” Take a picture with this couple at this First Friday and get a ticket to win a special romance basket in honor of the couple.
The evening’s activities include:
- Guess the candy jar amounts in each participating location and be entered to win the candy and other great Valentine’s themed prizes
- Find “Nick & Tami” and get your picture taken with them and be entered to win a romance prize basket.
- Art receptions with refreshments, wine and live music: Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar featuring Camas artist Cedar Lee, and Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th, featuring new art by several of their local artists.
- Kid’s Valentine’s crafts at LiveWell Camas, 417 NE Birch and games at the DCA tables in Journey, 304 NE 4th.
- Take the Candy Bar Challenge. Guess the candy bar types and win one
- Special Sales and chocolate treats throughout downtown shops and restaurants including Chocolate Espresso Martinis at Mesa, Chocolate Cocktails at A Beer at a Time and chocolate covered strawberries by Cake Happy at Lily Atelier.
“This is a community favorite—who doesn’t love chocolate and a good guessing game?” says Carrie Schulstad, executive director for the DCA. “We have so much fun with the games and activities, experiencing the incredible art that will be showcased in downtown and enjoying the featured shopping and dining specials. Come bring the whole family and have a great time with us in Downtown Camas!”
Passport & Activity lists are available at the DCA tables in Journey, 304 NE 4th.
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and develop community. For more information, visit the Downtown Camas Association website or the Downtown Camas First Friday Facebook page.