Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
Tasty pie, gratitude activities and enthusiastic dancing will all be a part of November First Friday. Come downtown November 1 from 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. for the “Thankful for Pie” First Friday event and enjoy after hours shopping, art shows, kids’ crafts, a gratitude tree, dancing pie walk and pie tastings throughout Downtown Camas.
- Pie Tastings in participating businesses–vote for your favorite pie and be entered to win pies and prizes from the merchants
- The Pie Walk Dance Party starting at 7:00 p.m. in Journey Church, 304 NE 4th — win a delicious pie or other treats
- Pie Raffle at the DCA tables in Journey
- Kids’ autumn crafts at the DCA tables in Journey
- Community Gratitude Tree – What are you thankful for? Pick up fall paper leaves in participating locations, write one thing you are thankful for on each one, and add your leaves to the Community Gratitude Tree. Each leaf earns you a ticket to win autumn prizes donated by the merchants or pies
- Art Shows & Receptions at Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th and Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar
- Eagle Scout Food Drive: Scout Carson Delahunty of Troop 694 in Camas will be collecting non-perishable food items for the Inter-Faith Treasure House Food Bank in Washougal for his Eagle Scout Project in Journey’s lobby from 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
- Pick up your participation and activity list for the evening at the DCA tables in Journey starting at 5:00 p.m.
“This First Friday is always a fun and engaging one,” says Carrie Schulstad, Executive Director of the Downtown Camas Association (DCA). “Tasting pies is of course a favorite activity and when you add dancing, you’ve got the perfect combo! Thank you to Carla Edwards, local realtor for sponsoring the pie walk so there can be many winners. We also thank local bakeries Cake Happy and Truly Scrumptious for donating pies as well. It will also be meaningful to see the community share what they’re grateful for on the Gratitude Tree and to donate to the food drive that will help an Eagle Scout project and people in need in our community. We hope the activities help us to all remember we have a lot to be grateful for!
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and bring the community together. For all the information, visit the Downtown Camas Association website or Camas First Friday Facebook page.