Join the fastest growing digital media company in Western Washington as a ClarkCountyTalk freelance writer! Our team of paid, professional writers live, work and play in Vancouver, Camas, Ridgefield and throughout Clarck County.
If you have a love of writing and enjoy connecting with people, take a leap and send in your resume and writing sample for our team.
ClarkCountyTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities across Thurston County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media. Our community social network reaches people that want to know about great things happening around us.
Apply your creativity, meet new people around the community, explore things that you are interested in, and contribute to a locally owned, growing business. Some writers compose multiple stories each month, others write just one – and everything in between. The position is very flexible, based on a writer’s time availability and interests.
Writers will pitch positive stories and take assignments to write about businesses and organizations in our area.
- Interest in sharing positive stories about Clark County
- Ability to professionally interview and interface with local business owners and other community members
- Flexibility to conduct interviews during regular business hours, often in-person
- Skills to take quality photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Fluent usage of technology – email, word processing, photo editing, internet
- Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
- Sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
Proven experience creating error-free articles on deadline a huge plus!
- Submit a resume in Word format to email@example.com.
- Include in subject line the words “freelance writer”
- Include a writing sample of 200 words (or less) about a local business (no interview needed)
- Please address any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not include additional work samples or references unless requested.