Submitted by Downtown Camas Association
Downtown Camas will be celebrating gratitude for the season during the “Thankful for Pie!” themed First Friday on November 4. There will be pie raffles and tastings, gratitude activities, s’mores roasting, fall crafts, games, and the fan favorite Pie Walk Dance Party, with a selection of prize pies. This event also includes fall-inspired dining and cocktail specials, after hours shopping and art shows.
The Second Story Gallery, located upstairs at the Camas Library, will unveil the first exhibit from the newly formed Artisans’ Guild of Camas. The Guild strives to inspire enthusiasm for arts and crafts through education and exhibition opportunities, and they often participate in artful community engagement at Downtown Camas First Friday events. This exhibit, titled “The Gift of Art,” will feature 18 local artists in many different 2D and 3D mediums. Event goers can enjoy pie and an artist reception at the gallery from 5pm-8pm.
Additional activities include:
- Pie Raffles in participating Downtown Camas businesses
- Pie Tastings with the DCA at Fuel Medical building, 314 NE Birch
- The Pie Walk Dance Party, sponsored by Carla Edwards, local Realtor, starting at 7 p.m. with the Downtown Camas Association (DCA) in Journey Church, 304 NE 4th — win a delicious pie or other treat
- S’mores Roasting (weather permitting) sponsored by IQ Credit Union
- Fall Crafts for kids at LiveWell Camas, 417 NE Birch, and inside Journey Church
- Fill out the “Gratitude Passport” and be entered to win fall themed prizes from the downtown merchants
- Art Shows & Receptions at Camas Gallery, 408 NE 4th and Attic Gallery, 421 NE Cedar, in addition to the Second Story Gallery reception listed above.
Pick up your First Friday passport and activity list for the evening at the DCA tables in Journey starting at 5 p.m.
“This First Friday is such an incredible celebration of both gratitude and pie, and who doesn’t love pie?” says Carrie Schulstad, executive director of the Downtown Camas Association. “This event has something for all ages and truly brings people together in a way that they can support local, have fun together, and have tasty treats. We are so appreciative for our community that shops local during the holidays, and this event is a great way to kick that off.”
First Fridays are Art, Activities, Dining, and After Hours Shopping themed family friendly events coordinated by the DCA each month of the year to support downtown and bring the community together. For all the information, visit the Downtown Camas Association website and Facebook page.