Freelance Content Marketing Writer
Join the fastest growing digital media company in Western Washington as a ClarkCountyTalk freelance content marketing writer!
Who You Are
Our team of paid, professional writers live, work and play in Grays Harbor County.
We are looking for freelance marketing writer with a flare for storytelling while keeping SEO optimized.
You will be assigned content marketing articles to write for our customers. Writers need to be able to write about a range of topics from medical to coffee shops in a way that is interesting to the reader, in a tone that matches the customer’s brand identity and follows SEO Best practices.
Must be able to keep to deadlines, be professional when dealing with customers and be accurate with facts.
Our freelance writers have the opportunity to pitch journalistic topics to write about as well.
Who We Are
ClarkCountyTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities across Grays Harbor County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media. Our community social network reaches people that want to know about great things happening around us.
Apply your creativity, meet new people around the community, explore things that you are interested in, and contribute to a locally owned, growing business.
- Interest in sharing positive stories about Grays Harbor County
- Ability to professionally interview and interface with local business owners and other community members
- Flexibility to conduct interviews during regular business hours, often in-person
- Skills to take quality photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Fluent usage of technology – email, word processing, photo editing, internet
- SEO knowledge or the willingness/ability to learn quickly
- AP style knowledge or the willingness/ability to learn quickly
Proven experience creating error-free articles on deadline a huge plus!
- Submit a resume and cover letter in Word format to submit@ClarkCountyTalk.com.
- Include in subject line the words “content marketing writer”
- Include a writing sample of 200 words (or less) about a local business (no interview needed)
- Please address any questions to submit@ClarkCountyTalk.com.
- Do not include additional work samples or references unless requested.